Canada India Global Forum – British Columbia (CIGF – BC)
The vision of CIGF to strengthern the relationship of Canada and India relationship.
The main objectives of the organization were formulated which are outlined as follows:
1. To work towards projecting a positive and correct image of India and its people in the U.S. and foreign media, and correct any distortions in the media’s reporting of current events taking place in India.
2. To promote the philosophy of ‘Integral Humanism’.
3. To foster a cordial relationship between Asian Indian and North American People, by establishing direct communication channels with local ethnic and national media, and organizing regular seminars on topics of mutual interest.
4. To work towards strengthening social bonds among Indian Americans, irrespective of region, religion, race, creed and color, and help to generate a feeling of oneness and brotherhood.
5. To create a think tank of mature, experienced and intelligent individuals of Indian origin in order to utilize their expertise and wisdom to generate new ideas which could be beneficial for the Asian Indian community in North America and the people of India.
6. To work towards strengthening social bonds among Asian Indians, irrespective of region, religion, race, creed and color, and help to generate a feeling of oneness and brotherhood.
7. Highlight bilateral issues concerning Indian Diaspora, business, economy and trade.
SCOPE OF ACTION AND OPERATION
In furtherance of the above objectives, the OFBJP may:
1. Arrange talks, seminars, symposia, press conferences, public meetings/rallies, internet activities and other programs on issues pertaining to India and Indo – Canadian cooperation and culture.
2. Publish books, pamphlets, journals, newsletters/papers and use any available print and electronic media including Internet; acquire literature; arrange cultural and social exhibitions, display motion pictures or video programs, and organize musical performances.
3. Issue appeals to raise funds, and collect money by way of memberships, contributions, grants and any other lawful means or methods.
4. Use electronic, optical, audio and video media, and computer network to distribute and collect public information.